Q: What is the Beekeepers Association of the Ozarks?
A: We are a group of hobby, sideline, and commercial beekeepers dedicated to beekeeping education, and community awareness.
Q: Can I join the Beekeepers Association of the Ozarks?
A: Yes, anyone with who is a beekeeper or is interested in bees can join.
Q: How do I join?
A: There are several options:
1. You can come to one of our meetings, we'll have a registration form there and we'll be able to assist you with any questions you might have. Click Here for our calendar of events.
2. You can attend our annual beginning beekeeping class, we'll have a registration opportunity there and we'll be able to assist you with any questions.
3. If you don't need the class, you can simply register and pay your dues online (see below) or Click Here for more information and to see the online choices for joining.
Q: What does it cost to join?
A: $15.00 a year for a single member or a family. Click Here to pay the club dues.
Q: What are the benefits to being a member?
A: We offer the following benefits to our members:
- You have access to our membership which has decades of experience. Our members are always been willing to help out others with beekeeping and issues surrounding beekeeping.
- The club has a mentoring program to help beekeepers. This way you can work with someone who will be familiar with your specific situation and be able to advise you on issues.
- You'll have access to our club forums which has an areas where you can post questions, research information, and find talk to various beekeepers in the area.
- You'll be able to attend all club functions free of charge.
- You'll receive our club newsletter and be able to use the classified ads free of charge.
- You get discounts on American Bee Journal and Bee Culture Magazines
Q: How often does the club meet?
A: Every 4th Tuesday of the month at 6:00PM
Q: Is there any other associations closer to me?
A: You can go the Missouri State Beekeeping website at http://mostatebeekeepers.org/local-associations and see if there any associations closer to your location.